List of active policies
This policy relates to the user accounts of organisations contracted to Moodle Pty Ltd under one of its partner agreements and to employees of Moodle Pty Ltd.
Privacy and personal data
We take your privacy very seriously. In order to provide access to the service we must collect and store personal information about you. This data is collected under contract with the organisation that you work for.
What is collected?
Basic profile information is collected from your employer when we create your account including your full name, email address and role in the organisation/company.
As you use the site on behalf of your organisation/company, information about the users, partner course area, activities and resources you interact with will also be stored and linked to your account information. All of this information is provided under the Moodle Partner Agreement which includes a confidentiality agreement and is treated as work product from your organisation/company.
How is this information used?
This information is only used to provide access to the online courses on this site.
How long is my data stored?
Your personal data is stored as long as your account is active on this site. The business purpose of the partner course is an ongoing record of the partner network and their interactions and does not have an end. Profile information will be anonymised when an account is deleted once your employer requests it, or your employer is no longer a Moodle Partner and the accounts are all deleted.
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Site or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Site more useful to you. Essentially, cookies are a user’s identification card for the Moodle servers. Web beacons are small graphic files linked to our servers that allow us to track your use of our Site and related functionalities. Cookies and web beacons allow us to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience on our Site.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
When you use and access the Site, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Site and we use different types of cookies to run the Site:
- Analytical/performance cookies. Allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the Site when using it. This helps us improve the way the Site works.
- Functionality cookies. Used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. Record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- To view a list of Moodle cookies, please view our Cookies Table.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Site and refine marketing efforts.
- Tracking cookies. Follow on-site behaviour and tie it to other metrics allowing better understanding of usage habits.
- Optimization cookies. Allow real-time tracking of user conversion from different marketing channels to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Partner cookies. Provide marketing conversion metrics to our partners so they can optimize their paid marketing efforts.
To view a list of third-party cookies that we use, please view our Cookies table
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use some or all of the features we offer. You may not be able to log in, store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
The table below lists some of the internal and third-party cookies we use. As the names, numbers, and purposes of these cookies may change over time, this page may be updated to reflect those changes.
||MoodleSession||You must allow this cookie into your browser to provide continuity and maintain your login from page to page.||When you log out or close the browser this cookie is destroyed (in your browser and on the server).|
|partners.moodle.com||MOODLEID||It remembers your username within the browser. This means when you return to this site the username field on the login page will be already filled out for you.
||It is safe to refuse this cookie - you will just have to retype your username every time you log in.|